STRATEX Warm Roof System
The cold liquid approach to warm roof systems
STRATEX from KEMPER SYSTEM is an integrated warm roof that offers exceptional performance and is supplied as a complete system of matched components from one of the world’s leading roof waterproofing manufacturers. The STRATEX Warm Roof System is a cold liquid applied roofing system that contains elements to promote warmth and can be applied to both new and existing buildings. Although applied cool, the liquid membrane is formed of three key elements to creating a warm deck roof. These are a vapour barrier, Insulation and waterproofing.
Its unique KEMPERTHERM® tongue and groove insulation board and KEMPEROL® wet-on-wet cold liquid applied waterproofing create a warm roof system that is easily specified, fully tested and approved, and totally reliable.
STRATEX is an engineered system comprising all the elements for a warm roof specification - vapour barrier, insulation and waterproofing.
The STRATEX Warm roof system can be laid on a range of roofing materials such as timber, concrete and metal to maximise the potential and effectiveness of the STRATEX warm roof to a variety of roof materials. This roofing option is suitable for green roof projects to promote and protect the environment. This warm roof system is also usable on balconies and terraces and is installed by approved contractors to deliver a desirable outcome. The interlocking insulation ensures a smooth and rigid finish to the roof surfaces that are capable of a range of surface finishes including green roof or terrace/balcony with reinforced boards available to support the additional needs.
STRATEX can be installed over common substrates, like concrete, timber or metal decks, whilst being equally suited to new build or refurbishing or upgrading thermal insulation on existing roofs.
STRATEX is only installed by contractors trained and approved by Kemper System.
Key Features of STRATEX
- Wet-on-wet cold applied KEMPEROL® waterproofing membrane
- Interlocking insulation gives smooth, rigid finish
- Range of surfacing options
- BBA Certified waterproofing
- Optional reinforced board for trafficked areas
- Installed only by approved contractors
KEMPERTHERM® F and FR offer a highly versatile, easily installed warm roof system that can be applied over most substrates including metal, concrete and timber decks. It is suitable for new and refurbished roofs and, in its variant forms and completed with KEMPEROL® waterproofing membrane, can be used for both lightly or heavily trafficked areas with the option of a wear course or landscaped surface, including green roofs.
- Roofs, balconies and terraces
- Metal, timber or concrete decks
- Flat or tapered roof systems
- Green roofs, timber decking, paving or wear course
- Maintenance traffic (F, T) or commonly trafficked areas (FR, TR)
- Part of a complete warm roof system
- 15 or 20 year waterproofing warranty
- Low thermal conductivity of just 0.024W/mK
- T&G interlocking board (F, FR) for smooth, flat finish
- Tapered schemes (T, TR) avoid on site mitres - Better finish and reduced wastage
- Part of a single-sourced, engineered system with matched components - No carrier membrane needed
- One-stop technical and project management support
A CFC and HCFC free, rigid PIR insulation board which due to its dense closed cell structure and water resistant multi-layer foil composite facing has a particularly low thermal conductivity of just 0.024W/mK.
- KEMPERTHERM® F is a flat board with multi-layer foil composite face on both sides and has T&G edges for interlocking construction.
- KEMPERTHERM® FR has an additional 3mm high density reinforcement to the top face.
- KEMPERTHERM® T is a flat-edged board, factory tapered to falls of 1:40, 1:60, 1:80 or 1:120 as specified. Individual boards are supplied clearly marked as a complete system to each bespoke roof design.
- KEMPERTHERM® TR is the tapered board system with additional reinforcement to the top face.
KEMPERSHIELD Vapour Barrier
This reinforced aluminium, self-adhesive vapour barrier is Class 'O' rated and is suitable for concrete, profiled metal or concrete decks.
KEMPERFIX Adhesive and Fixings
A range of fully compatible adhesive and fixings for either mechanical or adhesive bonding of the insulation board to the substrate.
STRATEX can be specified using either the KEMPEROL® V210 liquid waterproofing membrane or KEMPEROL® 2K-PUR for an odourless, solvent-free application.