KEMPERFIX Adhesive And Fixings
KEMPERFIX 2K Insulation Adhesive
A foaming two component rapid curing polyurethane adhesive which not only bonds the insulation; but also contains no volatile solvents to meet environmental standards. Once applied, the adhesive reacts to form a permanent polyurethane bond with excellent adhesion and flexibility even at very low temperatures.
Use as an adhesive for bonding KEMPERTHERM® insulation board to KEMPERSHIELD vapour barrier or an existing suitable material acting as a vapour barrier.
KEMPERFIX 2K Insulation Adhesive was developed to allow simple, uniform and precise on-site application whilst remaining as environmentally and health and safety conscious as possible.
- An extremely versatile adhesive; it can adhere to a wide range of insulation materials, including XPS, EPS, PIR, PUR, foil faced, tissue faced and mineral wool.
- These materials can be adhered to the wide variety of substrates encountered such as concrete, OSB, plywood, existing asphalt, bituminous systems and more.
A fully matched and tested component to be used as part of the STRATEX warm roof system which has excellent adhesive strength.
- The KEMPERFIX 2K cartridges are applied using an applicator gun, allowing for easy, precise and rapid installation
- The mixing element ensures the two components are thoroughly mixed, removing the possibility of human error and ensures the correct bead size is applied to the deck
- As the adhesive rapidly cures in 10 minutes it allows for quick installation of insulation panels - allowing for waterproofing membranes or liquids to be subsequently applied with minimal delay
- A reaction between the two components produces a foam which has been developed to be low density - to ensure boards aren’t lifted when the foaming reaction begins
- The foam will spread horizontally to fill and make contact should any undulations be present
- Cold applied
- Consistent mixing through the static mixer nozzle
- No release of volatile solvents to the atmosphere
- Strong, permanent bond
- Polymeric, remains flexible
- Propellant free packaging with simple disposal
- Coverage rate per 1500ml - Normal roof exposures (300mm centres) 14m2 / roof perimeters / critical areas (200mm centres) 9m2
- Kit size 4 x 1500ml
- Viscosity: Part A: 7500-12500cps @ 20°C / Part B: 1500-2500cps @20°C
A 6.3mm diameter, self-tapping, corrosion-protected, carbon steel roofing screw with low profile head used with a rebated aluzinc stress plate for mechanical fixing insulation to concrete, timber or metal decks.
- KEMPERFIX fixings should be used whenever the insulation is to be mechanically fixed to the substrate.
KEMPERFIX fixings are fully compatible with the STRATEX warm roof system.
- Tested and approved component
- Low profile - stress plate self-rebates for a flush finish
- Anti-corrosion coated
- Range of lengths available
- 6.3mm diameter x 75mm to 200mm lengths available
- Dural 1000 hr protective coating (Tested to DIN 50021 SS)
- 75mm self rebating fixing plate
- Typical pullout values 2.35kN (plywood); 3.70 kN (concrete)
- Breaking load: Sheer 9.2kN; Tensile 12.3kN
If you would like further information or to enquire about our other services, please click on the button below.