The new waterproofing system: solvent-free and single-component with very low odour
KEMPEROL® LF is ideal for waterproofing complex details, rooflights, drains and gutters and refurbishing small roof projects and balconies.
This single-component system is based on a silane terminated polymer:
- Solvent free and virtually odourless - can be used without disruption on occupied buildings.
- High humnidity tolerance - can be used on slightly damp substrates.
- Cost effective - can be used on most substrates without a primer.
- Reliable - rain-proof in only 120 minutes after application.
- Ready to use - no mixing. Stir and use straight from the can
- Less waste - replace the lid and re-use at a later date
- No fire risk - cold liquid applied with a brush or roller
- High colour stability - light stable
KEMPEROL® LF cures to form a seamless membrane that adapts to all substrate geometries and is capable of withstanding structural movements. The fleece-reinforced waterproofing system bridges cracks and is permanently elastic.
Used with a KEMPEROL® Reinforcement Fleece, KEMPEROL® LF is ideal for complex details as well as refurbishing small flat roof projects or balconies. Providing quick and easy protection of roof lights, drains, gutters, wall connections and other details.
|Working time:||approx. 90 minutes*|
|Rain resistant after:||approx. 120 minutes*|
|Ready for foot traffic after:||approx. 16 hours*|
|Cured after:||approx. 16 hours**|
|Ready for further coating after:||approx. 24 hours***|
|Pack sizes:||6.5kg and 14kg|
|Typical coverage rate:||3.0 - 4.0 kg/m2 depending on the substrate|
* Values obtained at a temperature of 23°C / 50% relative humidity. These values vary depending on the weather conditions, such as wind, humidity and temperature.
** With a layer thickness of 2 mm.
*** Interruptions of more than 3 up to 14 days: Clean the working area with KEMCO® MEK Cleaning Agent.
KEMPEROL® LF can be applied without a primer directly to plywood, chipboard, OSB, bitumen sheeting (V 13, V 60, G200, PYE (SBS)), plastic elements (PVC-P, PVC-EVA), flexible synthetic sheeting (PVC-P, PVC-EVA), copper,lead, steel, stainless steel, concrete, screed, plaster, fibre cement sheet, bricks, blocks, glass and a range of other substrates (may require an individual adhesion test).
- The single-component material is applied straight from the can. Remove any skin that may have formed and then mix with a wooden stirrer until there are no streaks and the resin is uniform in colour.
- In accordance with the coverage rate, you should apply approximately two thirds of the required KEMPEROL® LF resin to the prepared substrate.
- The KEMPEROL® Reinforcement Fleece is then immediately embedded into the first layer of wet KEMPEROL® LF with an overlap of 5cm on adjacent strips and worked with a Perlon roller or brush to eliminate any folds, creases air bubbles. This is followed directly by the remaining third of the KEMPEROL® LF resin being applied wet-on-wet to completely saturate the fleece from above and below.
- None of the fleece should be visible, but avoid accumulations of material.
Where possible carry out all detail work first. Connections to door and window elements etc. with a height of <15cm (from upper edge of coating) should have at least 5cm of overlap. For detailing any connections and joints to the surface waterproofing or third party products you should allow an overlap of at least 10cm.
For technical guidance on the use of this product or a copy of the material safety data sheet call 01925 445532 and ask to speak to the Technical Department.
Download the latest product information below:
If you would like further information or to enquire about our other services, please click on the button below.