KEMPERGRO® Green Roof System
A Complete Approach To Green Roof Systems
KEMPERGRO® from KEMPER SYSTEM brings together a unique combination of recycled, renewable and sustainable components to provide a complete waterproof roofing and green roof system with a single source specification.
The Green Roof System from KEMPERGRO® is a modern and environmentally friendly green roof option, providing both high quality waterproofing roofing that is topped with a green roof surface of grass, plants and other greenery to create a sedum living roof with a single source specification Green roofs have significant advantages for the environment; climate control, stormwater attenuation, noise and pollution reduction and heat insulation. They also protect against the thermal gain and offer an additional habitat for flora and fauna.
The KEMPERGRO® Sedum roof system can also support rainwater capture to reduce water bills and manage rainwater on its surface with a pattern of holes and waterproof membranes. This ensures that water is both unable to build upon the roof and unable to breach the roof layers. The roofing system is compatible with 2K – PUR as a durable and reliable roof material that can double as an eco-roof that can provide a haven for wildlife and a boost to the aesthetic and environmental appeal of a flat-roofed building. Whatever your requirement KEMPER SYSTEM can provide a solution to meet local climatic conditions, aspect, biodiversity and specifier preference.
For further information or a specification email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEMPERGRO® Uses and Benefits
- KEMPERGRO® is ideal for use in extensive sedum roofs providing light-weight drainage and storage for rainwater in both newbuild and refurbishment projects.
- The upper filter fleece supports the growing medium and prevents substrate fines from blocking the reservoir but allows percolation of rainwater.
- The factory bonding of the fleece to the reservoir core prevents sagging of the fleece under the weight of the substrate. This maintains reservoir capacity and prevents blockages.
- The reservoir core holds a predetermined amount of rainwater whilst allowing excess water to pass through percolation holes to the base layer.
- The base felt layer provides physical protection to the waterproofing but also attenuates run-off to regulate flow to outlets and drains during flash floods and storms.
- Suitable for use with solvent-free KEMPEROL® 2K-PUR liquid waterproofing which is sustainably sourced and inherently root resistant (FLL certified).
- The KEMPERGRO® green roof system is compatible with STRATEX, KEMPER SYSTEM's fully specified warm roof system.
KEMPERGRO® - Sustainable and Renewable
- All sedum and plant varieties are sourced and grown in the UK.
- The growing media is manufactured using 100% recycled materials.
- The base felt is composed of 100% recycled materials.
- The reservoir core is composed of 90% recycled materials.
- The waterproofing membrane is composed of solvent-free KEMPEROL® 2K-PUR (80% of the applied polyols or resins are obtained from the seeds of the tropical castor plant - a renewable resource), combined with a polyester reinforcing fleece containing up to 25% recycled material.
- The hard-top on the insulation board is 100% recycled.
- Substrate conservation - As the KEMPEROL® liquid waterproofing and warm roof build up can be installed directly on top of your existing roof covering, there is no need to remove it avoiding unnecessary and costly disposal to landfill.
Please Note: Diagram above not to scale and for illustrative purposes only.
Green Roof Organisation
KEMPER SYSTEM are members of the Green Roof Organisation (GRO) - the independent UK body representing the industry trade associations, manufacturers and key players within the green roofing sector. GRO sets out to promote the green roof concept, provide suitable guidelines to both manufacturers and installers, and to recognise and promote correctly trained green roofing companies.